How Investing in Employee Training Can Transform Your Customer Service
A great customer experience begins with a warm greeting from highly trained and knowledgeable call centre agents. In recent years, the expectation of customer service provision has increased greatly. With numerous ways to get in touch with a company and continuous developments in communication technology, customer satisfaction has become harder to achieve. A call agent can have a huge influence on how a customer views a company. If your customer has an enjoyable interaction with a call agent, they are more likely to return in the future. If they receive a bad experience then you run the risk of losing a customer. Therefore it is hugely important for a business to invest in employee training. Making sure that call agents have the knowledge and skills needed to provide customers with the level of service they deserve can have a big impact on the overall reputation of a company. It’s important during the training process to make sure that call agents:
- Have a great attitude – When you think about customer service agents, you imagine someone who has a friendly demeanour and a smile on their face, day in and day out. Ensuring call centre agents display a positive attitude and outlook when interacting with customers is essential to making sure that customers will receive a positive customer service experience when communicating with your company.
- Have the appropriate product and service knowledge – There is nothing more frustrating for a customer than having their call answered by a call agent who is unable to answer their question. By providing high quality client specific training, call centre agents become experts in your business and can provide your customers with the correct support and help that they need.
- Know how to display effective communication skills – Top notch communication skills is vital for working in a call centre environment. Training ensures that call agents know the correct way to handle an array of customer service scenarios. Each company will receive communication from customers who are disgruntled as well as satisfied with services and products. Call centre agents are trained to understand the customer’s needs, listen patiently, respond in a clear and warm tone and provide an effective solution to your customer’s problem while ensuring customer satisfaction during each interaction with the company.
- Understand the correct escalation procedure – Agent training outlines the correct escalation procedures that should be taken by call centre agents. If the situation arises that a call agent is unable to resolve a customer’s query, they will be able to transfer the customer to the correct department without hesitation to ensure that the customer receives the appropriate support that they need.
- Show a willingness to constantly improve – Customer service provision is constantly changing and developing. A call centre agent needs to be flexible to change and know how to adapt new customer service practices to meet customer needs. A high quality training program provides call agents with the skills to work towards targets and KPIs to ensure that business goals are met. By undertaking ongoing training and feedback, a call agent can ensure that their performance levels and standards are kept high.
Call Pageboy firmly believes that each call centre agent plays an integral part in delivering high quality call centre services. To ensure that our client’s customer is kept at the heart of everything we do, we focus heavily employee training, encouraging and motivating our call centre agents to excel at their roles. Call Pageboy provides an initial induction programme and continuous training and feedback to our team through weekly meetings and quarterly training programs. If you are looking for a new career opportunity, check out our online careers page or get in contact with us today to see how we can help you elevate your career today!