What is the First Point of Contact and why should your business avail of it?
The first point of contact team acts as the first impression of your business and the start of a positive customer experience that will boost a customer’s confidence in your service and product offerings. The service ensures that all issues and concerns will be resolved in a quick and respectful manner while also ensuring customer loyalty and retention.
In an increasingly demanding technological world, customers have access to multiple touch points for contacting your business’ customer support at any time of the day. It has become the norm for customers to desire that their queries are solved on the first point of contact with a business and failure to do this can often be harmful to customer satisfaction.
There are many reasons why a business should avail of a first point of contact service especially when it comes to ensuring the satisfaction of your customers:
- Knowledgeable support – When a customer reaches out to your business, they want a hassle free and fast solution to their problem. The first point of contact team ensure that your customers are being met by a customer support representative that is knowledgeable of your business and respectful of your customers’ needs. All call agents are expertly trained to ensure your customers are provided with quick, seamless expert advice.
- Reduced costs – Outsourcing customer support services can have multiple benefits for business owners especially in terms of reducing overall business costs. Using a first point of contact service team means that there is no need for hiring in-house.
- Information access – First point of call agents have access to your business’ CRM and diary management systems allowing them to easily access and update customer information. This is beneficial as it allows call agents to provide customers with a personalised customer service based on their past interactions with your business.
- Response time – All call agents are coached in providing the highest level of customer service and first call resolution to ensure that queries are promptly and efficiently answered. A first point of contact team may use a call script provided by your business if you required.
- Improved customer loyalty – Resolving a customer’s issue in the first call is a benefit when improving loyalty among your customers. If your customers feel that they have been acknowledged and valued by your customer support team, they are more likely to return to your business adding to overall customer retention.
Call Pageboy Contact Centre‘s first point of contact service offers seamless support to your customers. Our call agents answer your customers queries over a number of different touch points including phone, email, SMS, and online support. We integrate with your CRM system or diary management software and adhere to all escalation procedures to ensure that your customers concerns are efficiently answered.